The Art Guild of Tellico Village is a 501 (c) (3) association which is organized for the purpose to support and encourage creativity in and appreciation and patronage of the visual arts through educational activities such as lectures, tours, workshops, classes and exhibits. The Art Guild's premier event each year is the annual Art Show held the first weekend in May at the Tellico Village Community Church life Center. Art Guild members have the opportunity to exhibit and arrange for sale of their artwork during the show.
ADMINISTERING THE AGTV
Involvement is encouraged by all Guild members. There is ample opportunity to contribute to the admiinistration of the AGTV. The Guild is led by an Executive Board elected each year consisting of a President, Vice President/ Programs, Membership Chair, Recording Secretary, Treasurer, Workshop Chair, Class Chair and Publicity Chair. The Executive Board is supported by standing committees and coordinators. These include: Exhibit Committees, Hospitality and Refreshment Coordinator, Equipment Coordinator, Newsletter Chair, Historian/Photographer, and Website Coordinator. Responsibilities of these positions may be reviewed in the By-laws document.
EXPAND YOUR ARTISTIC SKILL SET
Member education is a central activity of the AGTV. The Guild provides foundational classes that meet the needs for beginning artists and continuing education opportunities for growing artists. Educational opportunities include:
- Classes in drawing, watercolor, and photography;
- Workshops in painting with oils, watercolors, acrylics, and mixed media;
- Exhibits for display of member’s work;
- Speakers and demonstrations at AGTV meetings;
- Links to local classes and workshops;
- Partnership benefits with Tellico Village University;
- Access to Tellico Village classroom located in the Chota Recreation Center;
- Field trips to local art galleries, exhibits and shows;
- Interaction with fellow artists at AGTV meetings.